Saturday, July 17, 2010

Uh... dissection ?

So as much as vegans don't like it even i don't there must be a specific time in our lives when we are faced with this situation. I just turned vegan last year and now when i'm feeling good about my veganism here comes Biology making me feel worse during my second year high school.

I replied in a vegan forum which was about dissection. We were discussing how to avoid dissecting any kind of animal. Of course, there are alternatives... but what if there aren't and you were there during the dissection? Bah!

There must be some other way right?

1) Go and talk to your teacher

If she/ he doesn't permit you to do any other project other than dissection then ... it's a hard situation. It's either you get a score or you get zero in biology. Try asking the Principal for Student Affairs and tell him/ her that you're a vegan and that if there are any other alternatives rather than doing dissection.

2) Give them fliers

There are some sites where you can get fliers that are against dissection. There's PETA. I love PETA!

When you've got your alternatives then you're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment